Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book One The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book One)
Original price $7.99 - Original price $7.99
$7.99 - $7.99
Current price $7.99
The classic first book about Percy Jackson, the troubled boy who discovers he is the son of Poseidon, and his adventures with demigods, monsters, and Greek gods.
- This classic by #1 New York Times best selling author Rick Riordan has sold millions of copies throughout the world
- It has appeared on the New York Times bestseller list for more than 10 years
- Read in classrooms across the US
- Adapted into a movie, a Broadway musical, and soon, a TV series on Disney+
- Brings Greek mythology to life for modern readers
- Features beloved characters such as Annabeth Chase and Grover the satyr
- Funny and fast-paced
Percy Jackson is a good kid, but he can't seem to focus on his schoolwork or control his temper. And lately, being away at boarding school is only getting worse--Percy could have sworn his pre-algebra teacher turned into a monster and tried to kill him.
When Percy's mom finds out, she knows it's time that he knew the truth about where he came from, and that he go to the one place he'll be safe. She sends Percy to Camp Half Blood, a summer camp for demigods (on Long Island), where he learns that the father he never knew is Poseidon, god of the sea. Soon a mystery unfolds and together with his friends--one a satyr and the other the demigod daughter of Athena--Percy sets out on a quest across the United States to reach the gates of the Underworld (located in a recording studio in Hollywood) and prevent a catastrophic war between the gods.